Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Update on PIL on Section 107A(b)


Last month, I had filed a PIL challenging a circular issued by the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) before the Chief Justice of the High Court of Delhi. The High Court had given the CBEC (Respondent No.1) and the DIPP (Respondent No.2) 6 weeks from May 23, 2012 to file their responses to my PIL. The said period ended on July 4, 2012, subsequent to which I filed an application for Stay of the CBEC Circular. Last evening, I received the response of the DIPP. I have not received the response of the CBEC.

The matter was listed for arguments today, however owing to the Court being held up with arguments in the Akbarabadi Mosque dispute, the PIL could not be heard. The next date before the Court in the PIL is August 22, 2012. 

4 comments:

  1. What about this PIL - the Delhi HC website shows that it has been disposed - what is the result?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anon,
      Unfortunately, no order/decision has been uploaded on the website. I have applied for a certified copy of the order. Will share it with the readers as soon as I have it.

      Best Regards,
      Sai.

      Delete
  2. I found the order on the DHC website: http://lobis.nic.in/dhc/AKS/judgement/08-10-2012/AKS22082012CW31652012.pdf

    Why don't you publish this on your blog?

    ReplyDelete